Bridget H. Labutta practices in the areas of trademark and copyright law. She has nearly twenty years of experience counseling emerging and established companies on how best to acquire, maintain, exploit, and enforce their intellectual property rights in both U.S. and foreign markets.
Bridget H. Labutta manages U.S. and foreign trademark portfolios, including developing and maintaining relationships with a well-respected network of IP attorneys around the world. She regularly drafts, negotiates, and reviews a wide variety of transactional documents relating to intellectual property. Bridget represents clients in opposition and cancellation proceedings before the USPTO’s Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, and in federal court litigation.
Bridget currently serves on the International Trademark Law & Practice Committee of the Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO). Bridget is also a member of the International Trademark Association (INTA) and was most recently appointed to serve on the Academic Committee for the 2022-2023 term. She has previously acted as adjunct professor of trademark law and as guest lecturer for marketing programs. Bridget is a regular contributor to the PSBN Blog on emerging IP issues, and she enjoys leading discussions with students, clients, and colleagues on interesting trademark law matters.
Before joining Panitch Schwarze, Bridget practiced IP law with firms in Miami and Orlando, Florida, and in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She was named a “Rising Star” by Thomson Reuters in 2011 (Florida) and from 2013-2018 (Pennsylvania) and was selected as a “Super Lawyer” in 2021.
Bridget is licensed to practice in Florida and Pennsylvania.
Bridget received her Bachelor of Arts from Saint Mary’s College in Notre Dame, Indiana, and her Juris Doctor from Franklin Pierce Law Center (now known as the University of New Hampshire School of Law) in Concord, New Hampshire.
- Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO), Member
- International Trademark Law & Practice Committee, 2020 — 2021
- International Trademark Association (INTA), Member
- Academic Committee, 2022 — 2023
“We have used Panitch Schwarze Belisario & Nadel, LLP for our trademark services for years. The team led by Bridget Labutta has been a pleasure to work with on specific actions and general guidance. As a small company, we appreciate the attention to detail provided by the Panitch team. Their inquiries and advice are always clear, thorough, and timely to support our business.”
- Manages all phases of copyright and trademark clearance, registration, maintenance, and enforcement matters. Represents clients in structuring, negotiating, and drafting licenses, releases, assignments, settlement agreements, and co-existence agreements.
- Represents individuals and businesses in federal court litigation involving copyright, domain name, trademark, and unfair competition matters, and in administrative proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- Maintains extensive network of foreign counsel to coordinate incoming and outgoing trademark filing and enforcement matters.
- Named a Pennsylvania “Super Lawyer,” 2021 – 2023, by Thomson Reuters, publishers of Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Named a Pennsylvania “Rising Star,” 2013 — 2018, by Thomson Reuters, publishers of Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Named a Florida “Rising Star,” 2011, by Thomson Reuters, publishers of Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- World Trademark Review: WTR 1000, Silver (United States, Pennsylvania), 2022 – 2023
Outside the office, Bridget enjoys spending time with her family and running long distances. She is a volunteer coach for Girls on the Run.
- Recent Case Law Updates: Supreme Court Trademark and Copyright
September 13, 2023
Recent Case Law Updates: Supreme Court Trademark and Copyright Originally presented September 13, 202360 minutes (CLE PA, GA: Pending /…
- Panitch Schwarze Attorney to Represent Intellectual Property Owners Association at WIPO Worldwide Symposium on Geographical Indications
June 14, 2023
Date: June 14-16, 2023 Details: Panitch Schwarze counsel Bridget H. Labutta will serve as a representative of the Intellectual Property…
- Panitch Schwarze Attorney Discusses USPTO’s Changes to Trademark Filing Process
March 31, 2023
To register a trademark with the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO) or to make a claim for trademark infringement,…
- Panitch Schwarze Attorney to Participate in WIPO Trademarks, Industrial Designs and Geographical Indications Committee Meeting
October 14, 2022
PHILADELPHIA (October 2022) – Panitch Schwarze trademark attorney Bridget H. Labutta will participate in the World Intellectual Property Organization’s 46th…
- Panitch Schwarze Attorneys Included in World Trademark Review’s 2022 Ranking￼
April 19, 2022
PHILADELPHIA (April 2022) – Panitch Schwarze Belisario & Nadel LLP is proud to announce that Counsels Bridget H. Labutta and…