Ronald J. Ventola is an experienced intellectual property attorney licensed in Pennsylvania and registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. He has a broad range of experience, including counseling clients, obtaining protection, and litigating disputes under the laws governing patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets.
Ronald J. Ventola is well versed in a variety of technologies, having prosecuted, and advised on patents for industrial equipment, medical devices, manufacturing methods, tools, support structures, automotive components, devices and compounds for automobile repair and maintenance, wetlands restoration equipment, computer software, furniture, exercise equipment, and other mechanical devices. He also counsels clients on patent clearance and licensing and prepares agreements for both outbound and inbound assignment and licensing of patents and know-how.
Ron represents and counsels clients in litigation matters and pre-litigation disputes, including disputes involving allegations of patent infringement, copyright infringement, and breach of agreements involving intellectual property.
- French-American Chamber of Commerce Philadelphia Chapter, Member, 2018 — Current
- Louisiana State University (LSU) Alumni Association Philadelphia Chapter, Board of Directors, 2019 — Current
- Represented the claimant in a patent-related dispute. After 16 days of hearings during which the parties called 14 experts, an AAA panel consisting of three neutral arbitrators issued an award of $72.5 million in favor of the claimant.
- Prosecuted claims for patent infringement in automotive industry and for breach of settlement agreement related to same.
- Defended manufacturers and retailers of sporting goods, sunglasses, clothing, furniture, and computer software against claims for patent infringement, trademark infringement, copyright infringement, and misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Evaluated and settled claims for patent infringement.
- Prepared and responded to cease-and-desist correspondence asserting infringement of trademarks and copyrights; resolved claims of infringement through co-existence agreements and other settlements.
- Represented owners of trademarks in disputes over others’ use or registration of domain names, including contested proceedings under the UDRP (Uniform Domain-Name Dispute Resolution Policy).
- Advised inventors and manufacturers of mechanical devices and computer software on patentability and clearance issues.
- Prepared patent applications for a wide variety of mechanical devices.
A native of New Orleans, Ron enjoys the outdoors, fitness, cooking, and reading history and fiction. He is an avid follower of the automobile industry and professional and college football, as well as Formula 1 auto racing. Ron is married, with a son in high school and a daughter in middle school. He is a retired coach of little league baseball and recreational basketball teams. Ron is also an active member of the French-American Chamber of Commerce – Philadelphia chapter. He serves on the board of directors for the Philadelphia chapter of the Louisiana State University (LSU) Alumni Association.
- Ron Ventola to Moderate Panel on Patent Center and DOCX Filing at the 2022 IPO Annual Meeting
September 19, 2022
Date & Time: Sept. 19, 4:30 – 5:30 p.m. PTLocation: Los Angeles, California, USADetails: Panitch Schwarze counsel Ronald J. Ventola II will moderate…
- Federal Circuit Invalidates a Design Patent Under the On-Sale Bar
February 17, 2022
On February 10, 2022, the Federal Circuit in Junker v. Medical Components, Inc. reversed the United States District Court for…
- Typing (Yes, Typing) Tips in Intellectual Property Law
September 8, 2020
Here are a few quick tips on typing IP-related characters in Microsoft Word and Outlook, and a tip on pasting…
- Federal Circuit Rules Portion of PACER Fees Improper
August 6, 2020
In a decision released on Aug. 6, 2020 , the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit held that…
- Panitch Schwarze Attorney Supports Growth of LSU Alumni Chapter
March 18, 2020
PHILADELPHIA (March 2020) – Panitch Schwarze Belisario & Nadel LLP is proud to announce that Of Counsel attorney Ronald J. Ventola II is…