Philip L. Hirschhorn will participate during Innovation and Incentive Systems panel at the Global Series 2020 Spring Dialogue
Date & Time: Tuesday, May 26, 2020 from 11:00am-12:00pm EDT
Details: Panitch Schwarze partner, Philip L. Hirschhorn, joins a panel of fellow thought leaders at the Innovation and Incentive Systems webinar to discuss the types of incentives (and disincentives) that exist in the Global IP community and their impact on innovation.
Originally scheduled as part of the live Global Series Event in Washington D.C., the panel has transitioned to a LIVE Zoom meeting. Discussion will focus on the question how worldwide systems and corporate research and development efforts support and encourage innovation while at the same time addressing a varying administrative, regulatory, and political needs. The panel will discuss their viewpoints including:
- Medtech perspective on innovation and incentives with an overview from start up ecosystems to aggregators to investors, focusing on practical experience and experience with what works and what does not.
- Recent PTO initiatives related to promoting new COVID-19 treatments on the market more quickly, discussion of the COVID-19 Prioritized Examination Trial Program and the Patents 4 Partnerships IP marketplace platform
- Tech perspective and global incentive systems from a different vantage point, discussion of compulsory reward system in China and comparison to other systems in terms of impact on innovation
- Inventor incentives globally, importance of certainty in marketplace for IP, discussions of laws that incentivize or discourage innovation or add to the uncertainty investors and patentees face.
Moderated by Laura Masurovsky, Partner, Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP panelist will include:
- Eb Bright, Co-founder, Alliance of U.S. Startups & Inventors for Jobs (USIL)
- Bill Harmon, Director, IP & Trademarks, Uber Technologies, Inc.
- Philip Hirschhorn, Partner, Panitch Schwarze Belisario & Nadel LLP
- Liane Peterson, Partner, Foley & Lardner LLP
Federal Circuit Bar Association is a national organization for the bar of the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. Their Global Series sessions are part of an on-going dialogue, address topics of global significance at a senior level of discussion.
Click here to register for the Innovation and Incentive Systems webinar.
About Panitch Schwarze Belisario & Nadel LLP – Panitch Schwarze Belisario & Nadel LLP is a boutique intellectual property law firm with offices in Philadelphia and Wilmington, Delaware. The firm’s IP law practitioners provide strategic litigation, licensing and counseling service relating to patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets, domain names and internet issues domestically and internationally. The firm’s long-standing relationships with a network of associates worldwide enable its attorneys and advisors to provide clients with global intellectual property advice and protection.