In this issue of The Agent, Small discusses:
- Her transition from a science research profession to a patent agent
- Her favorite part of patent agent work
- How her experience working in-house at a biopharmaceutical company shaped her current job position
- Advice to prospective patent agents
- How she became involved with the American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Fun facts about herself
As a patent agent, Small concentrates her practice on the life sciences disciplines, including biologics, pharmaceuticals, treatment methods, novel plant varieties, transgenic plants, and diagnostic testing methods/apparatus. With more than seven years of life science research experience, particularly into genetics and molecular biology, along with extensive course work, Small is well versed in the biological and chemical arts.